Common experiences of people who attend counselling
- Finding it hard to cope
- Feeling like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders
- Confused and lacking direction in your life
- Experiencing Bullying or problems in the workplace
- Experiencing Family Conflict
- Feeling in need of some support
- Experiencing a Loss in confidence or low self esteem
- Suffering from addiction issues
- Suffering from panic attacks
- Suffering from a childhood Trauma
- How long is each session? Ans:- Generally each session is 45mins to 1 hr long.
- What does the first session entail ? Ans:- The first session is an assessment, this is where information is gathered to help further a care plan for the client and discuss the direction therapy will take from this point.
What people can Expect:
Every person who attends his practice can be assured to be met with Carl Rodgers Core Conditions of Empathy, Congruence and Unconditional Positive Regard. His approach to therapy is predominately behavioural and he likes to help people understand the importance of implementing Mindfulness into their lives.
He works from both CBT and DBT models which he has found to show fast and effective results in supporting clients with a wide range of issues.
People can expect to develop a new set of skills to help manage their lives in more effective ways. Both CBT and DBT therapies are evidence based and have been proven to be effective forms of treatment for a multiple of presenting issues.
People can expect to work on replacing any negative ineffective behaviours they may have developed and replace these with effective behaviours which will aid them in achieving a better quality of life.
Robert also takes a keen interest in the benefits that both exercise and a healthy diet have in aiding people maintain positive mental health and people can also expect these conversations to be brought in to the therapeutic process.